Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Portfolio Panic [RESPONSE]

As taxing as it was to sift through everyone's entire portfolio in class over the past week, it's truly been one of the most valuable opportunities yet this semester. Not only were our portfolios reviewed by each and every other classmate, but it was the first chance I had all semester to really look at not only the amount of work I've done in the past few months alone, but also how far my work has come in the past four years. I can't wait to get the feedback from classmates and start looking at ways to condense and strengthen my portfolio, which will involve revising much of my past student work. The task is a bit daunting, yes, but when else will I ever get the opportunity to have my past work critiqued by 18 other people in the field?! Seeing how everyone's work evolves over the next several weeks when we regroup for our portfolio review will certainly be interesting – I can't wait to see how far everyone has come by the end of the semester.

Here are a few of the pieces currently in my portfolio, in addition to some of my work already posted in past blog posts. I'll be interested to see what makes the cut the next time around...

 Starting with a few flier designs I did for the TOMS campus organization One for One, and then a feature photo essay design from the beginning magazine design class last semester.

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 11.18.43 PM
One for One at Mizzou, Oct. 2009

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 11.19.49 PM
One for One at Mizzou, April 2010

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 11.20.00 PM
One for One at Mizzou, September 2010

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 11.23.23 PM
Feature photo essay design, November 2010

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 11.23.41 PM
Feature photo essay design, November 2010

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 11.24.04 PM
Feature photo essay design, November 2010

3 comments:

  1. the Tom shoe flyer set is awesome! You made me want to get a pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned in your critique, I absolutely love your TOMS fliers. The color and typography choices work well and really fit with the theme. These are great portfolio pieces for you. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tom's poster are so fun, and overall you have created a personal design brand that is recognizable when looking at your work. I think your portfolio pieces are very strong, and your portfolio design really ties everything together and says "Tova."

    ReplyDelete