Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You Can't Miss: Charting your way to better design & typography


Who knew your text great typographic design decision can be determined in a chart? Check out this design chart designed to determine what type treatment to give your design. It uses the anatomy of a typeface to determine the type of design its best suitable for. Unfortunately, the chart doesn't give magazine design its own category, but I think we all know that creating a typeface chart for magazine design alone could be quite the undertaking. See what you think, visit the full blog here.

1 comment:

  1. I've come to realize that choosing a typeface is one of the hardest parts of finishing a design. When I worked on my baby beauty cover, it literally took me hours to choose the perfect typefaces. This chart is useful because even if it doesn't give you the exact typeface you want, it will give you an idea and puts you on the right track. I bet it saves a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete